Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday December 7, '08

We had ten solid days of play, and it's just never enough. My brother and I fit together better now than we ever did as kids, and we were inseparable. I've a mind that a couple of great women have honed us into pretty acceptable company over the years, and we're most thankful for it.

Ted taught me so much about playing bass this last week or so. Sitting in is going to be a true joy. I can't wait to stumble across the next session. Thanks, Ted!!

Left Tracy a bit after 11AM. It's never easy to do. There's always one more tale to share, one more "love ya" to say, one more "Thanks for the hospitality", more assurances that we'll see each other soon, and - heck - how about another round of hugs!

We drove out of the overcast by about 3PM and enjoyed a truly tropical environment in our greenhouse-on-wheels. Big windshield and a southbound course does that. Kinda makes ya wanna pull over and nap in the sun!

We're bedding down in Bakersfield tonight. Looking forward to the Mojave Desert tomorrow! Where to stop? Who knows - Mojave Desert? Colorado R.? Palm Desert? Well you already know if you've read the next blog entry, but as I sit here I haven't got a clue!

G'nite for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home